- Only candidates who appear for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be considered for ranking.
- The marks obtained by a candidate in Physics in JEE (Advanced) 2015 will be equal to the marks scored in Physics part of Paper 1 plus the marks scored in Physics part of Paper 2. Marks obtained in Chemistry and Mathematics will be calculated in the same way.
- The aggregate marks obtained by a candidate in JEE (Advanced) 2015 is the sum of the marks awarded to him/her in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Rank lists will be prepared based on the aggregate marks in JEE (Advanced) 2015.
- If the aggregate marks scored by two or more candidates are same, then the following tie-break policy will be used for awarding ranks:
Higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Mathematics. If this does not break the tie, higher rank will be assigned to the candidate who has obtained higher marks in Physics. If there is a tie even after this, candidates are assigned the same rank.
- Rank lists for preparatory courses will be prepared only if the number of SC, ST, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwD and ST-PwD candidates in the respective rank lists is less than 1.4 times the number of seats available in the respective categories. Common rank list (CRL)-PwD preparatory merit list will be prepared if the total number of qualified PwD candidates is less than 1.4 times the total number of PwD seats.
- A candidate who qualifies in more than one category will be considered in all the categories to which he/she belongs for the purpose of ranking.
- There will be no waiting list for ranking.
- Only candidates who score the minimum prescribed marks in each subject in each paper and in aggregate will be included in the rank list. The minimum prescribed marks varies with the category. These are as shown in the following table.
|Merit list||Minimum percentage of marks in each subject||Minimum percentage of aggregate marks|
|Common rank list (CRL)||10.0||35.0|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||31.5|
|SC rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST rank list||5.0||17.5|
|GEN-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|SC-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory course rank lists||2.5||8.75|