Services of a scribe
- The services of a scribe (amanuensis) are available to candidates who are visually impaired, dyslexic, have disability in the upper limbs or have lost fingers / hands thereby preventing them from bubbling the optical response sheet (ORS).
- To avail this benefit, the candidate should request the Chairman, JEE (Advanced) 2015, of the respective zonal IIT in the prescribed format (FORM EC5). The requisition, along with a copy of the PwD certificate (FORM EC3) or a copy of the certificate of dyslexic candidate (FORM EC6), whichever is applicable, should be uploaded at the time of online registration for JEE (Advanced) 2015.
- Zonal IITs will make arrangements, through the Presiding Officer (PO) of the Examination Center, to provide a panel of scribes (amanuensis). Scribes will be students of Class XI from the science stream with Mathematics as one of the subjects. The PwD candidate has to choose a scribe from this panel. The candidates will NOT be allowed to bring their own scribes.
- The candidate will be allowed to meet the scribe one day prior to the examination i.e., the morning of Saturday 23 May, 2015, in presence of the IIT Representatives (IRs), Presiding Officer (PO) and an Invigilator.
- If it is found that a candidate has used the services of a scribe, and consequently one extra hour, but does not possess the extent of disability that warrants the use of a scribe, he/she will be excluded from the process of evaluation, ranking and admission. If the candidate has already been admitted, his/her admission will be cancelled.