Summary of joint seat allocation 2015, for round 1 is as follows:
- A total of 1,52,655 candidates filled-in 1,29,58,458 choices for the academic programs offered by 87 institutes comprising of 18 IITs, ISM, 31 NITs, 18 IIITs (Triple-I-Ts) and 18 Other-GFTIs [as of closing time 5:00 PM on 6th July, 2015].
- Based on the category-wise all India ranks in JEE (Main) 2015 Paper-1, JEE (Main) 2015 Paper-2 and JEE (Advanced) 2015, and preferences exercised by the candidates, seats were allocated for Round 1 using DA algorithm implemented by NIC and IIT Kanpur teams.
- Allocations were validated for compliance of all the business rules by the testing + validation teams from IIT Madras, IIT Kharagpur and IIT Guwahati. It was found that the allocations comply with all the business rules.
- In view of the above, NIC is allowed to publish the joint seat allocations 2015 for round 1 on JoSAA portal on 7th July, 2015 as per schedule.
- Find further details of round 1 seat allocations in the attachments given below.